Friday, March 12, 2021

Filet Crochet and a WIP

Hi all

Hope all are doing well and everyone will be getting ready to enjoy the weekend.  

After learning crochet and its different stitches, an year back I have tried a different technique in crochet called Filet crochet.  It is a technique that uses chains and double crochet stitch.  I have learned the technique from here.  I have used the same chart given in the page to do my first project.  You can find so many other interesting tutorials regarding embroidery and crochet in that page.  

This week I was cleaning my cupboards and I got so many abandoned projects(treasures), some WIP's and some Charts.  And one such treasure is this crochet piece.  So, yesterday night itself I have done the border and today it is here as a show piece.  




All the projects will start and end with a row of mesh.  To add a border, I made 2 dc's in the space between the dc's and 1 dc on top of each dc.  Then for the next round I made

 *[(sc,dc,sc) in a dc, skip 1 ch, sl st in the next dc, skip 1]* and rep from * to * around.

And my second project is a runner with a flower design.  That too is completed.  But is requires blocking.  Today I have completed the border and once blocked I will post it here. 

I am working on a kurti neck design and half 1/4 of the design is completed.  Have a look at it. Hopefully I will finish it next week. 



 Tomorrow I will post some of my WIP's so that I will give a report about it every week about the progress.  It will give me some inspiration to work on those projects atleast 10 to 15 mins everyday.  Otherwise the small projects are coming into priority.  

Do you follow any order to stitch your WIP's.  Do tell me in the comments.   

Have a happy weekend. 





2 comments:

  1. I have no order to stitching my many projects, it’s just whatever I feel like working on. Also, I’m always starting new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My carrot, or whip?, for progressing on my projects is the blog. I have promised myself to post about Work In Progress on Wednesdays, I have to have the weekly Sunday Stitch School's stitch homework done by Friday, and a new stitch by Sunday. Then on Saturdays I now publish a report on my silk cushion.
    I work in the order of the most pressing project.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/