Thursday, March 4, 2021

Interlocking Crochet Cushion - Zig Zag Pattern

 Hi all,

Hope all are doing great.   

Long back I have purchased a book called "Interlocking Crochet" by Tanis Gallik.  I have tried some patterns and it was easy to work.  The thing I like in interlocking crochet is we don't need to change colors and ends to weave  is very very less.  

The pattern is called 'Zig Zag' and both the sides it looks the same. I have crocheted the front side only and attached fabric for the back.



This is the back side.  I have made it like an envelope cushion and attached buttons to the opening for the cover to stay fit. 


Making of the cushion cover.

This is for a 16" x 16" cushion.  I have crocheted the zig zag crochet piece for 15"x 15".


Cut two pieces of backing fabric of 10"x17".  Sew the seams on all four sides.  Place the two pieces on the wrong side of the crochet piece one from top and another from bottom so that it overlaps in the middle. Stitch both the pieces at the overlapped portion.  

Then using hemming stitch I hand stitched the back piece to the crochet piece all around.  


To make the back piece more attractive I added a line of chain stitch and keeping the chain stitch line as foundation row I have crocheted a row of single crochet, then two rows of hdc's and a last row of hdc with a single ch(buttonhole) between every 6 hdc's.  

Then attached the buttons opposite to the chain stitch.  



This year I have decided to crochet interlocking crochet cushions so that I can add it to my collection and I have started making the second one and it is halfway through.  It will be finished soon within a week and I will post it here. 

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and looks complex. Good to hear it is easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushion is lovely I have yet to master the interlocking technique but intend to do so when I have the time as there are so many lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you as it boosts me up a lot.

*/